Re: More bad news cont.

Oh, Theresa, I am so sad to hear that. No matter if we "do the right thing" the door closing is still the same size. My granddaughter always reminds me of how happy my baby is after s/he has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and has been returned to health. I choose to believe that, too.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More bad news cont.

Well- I hate to add to this thread, but my oldest cat, Chessie, has been on borrowed time for awhile now and that ran out today. She was 14 years old with multiple medical problems (all untreated as she doesn't tolerate any intervention), and today was acting like she was just dying of thirst, despite the fact that she had drank a ton of water. I called the vet and took her in, fairly sure this would be the last trip to the vet for her. And it was. I opted not to do a bunch of tests to determine exactly what was wrong, as all the possible options weren't things I'd treat anyway. I figured why put her through it- I'd just have to live with the it might be lymphoma vs kidney disease issue. So, I'm very sad, as I've had her since I was in graduate school and she's moved all over the country with me, but I did what I thought she'd be happiest with. So, I'm back down to 2 cats, and now I'm outnumbered in the house by boys (George and Calvin). I'm not sure either of them have realized that Chessies is gone yet, but I'm sure they will.

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:
Ohhhhh....poor baby.  I hope he gets to feeling better SOON!
  Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:
Dreyfuss has been moping since he realized that Buddy wasn't coming back. Late last week he started peeing on the couch in his sleep, and generally not being very bright. Took him to the vet this AM. Severe bladder infection, bad kidney report (BUN and creatinine - not unexpected given the poisoned pet food, but distressing because after this long there should have been improvement.). The
vet also called back later to say that he'd reviewed the X-rays and found
(fortunately small) stones). When will it end?

Jesse R. Bell "All that we are is a result of what we have thought." - Buddha