Re: More bad news cont.

I'm sorry, Theresa. I know it leaves a hole in your heart.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More bad news cont.

Well- I hate to add to this thread, but my oldest cat, Chessie, has been on borrowed time for awhile now and that ran out today. She was 14 years old with multiple medical problems (all untreated as she doesn't tolerate any intervention), and today was acting like she was just dying of thirst, despite the fact that she had drank a ton of water. I called the vet and took her in, fairly sure this would be the last trip to the vet for her. And it was. I opted not to do a bunch of tests to determine exactly what was wrong, as all the possible options weren't things I'd treat anyway. I figured why put her through it- I'd just have to live with the it might be lymphoma vs kidney disease issue. So, I'm very sad, as I've had her since I was in graduate school and she's moved all over the country with me, but I did what I thought she'd be happiest with. So, I'm back down to 2 cats, and now I'm outnumbered in the house by boys (George and Calvin). I'm not sure either of them have realized that Chessies is gone yet, but I'm sure they will.

Theresa