From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 7:43 AM
To: gardenchat
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Baby chics update...

Are your chicks all the same kind? I've found a lot of variation in
behavior from one breed to another, but not so much in attitude. One of
our
friendliest chicks turned out to be our meanest rooster. Oscar used to
ride
on Bill's shoulder when he was doing chores. He later would attack and
flail
away at us for no apparent reason.

Re the drought: The lake that serves as the reservoir for our part of
the
state (and provides water downstream for navigation, water for other
cities
and preservation of several endangered species) is losing a foot of
water
per day. It's almost as low as it was when they were first filling it
after
building the dam.