Re: hot + pot

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: hot + pot
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:43:32 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=B/lqtWJjU8pHe8jfWmRO3L+cs6kfOKYE0akr2gfGhPk=; b=niGZRt4wkSk73DdYurMQKwchSvCaXnBkZWf1SuH52nQVFlTLWE31yQNHOW4x4zuaLZV3nrF7h24xE1ttYT+4HrkOsrSCGJ9YfJp0jfsjswI9N08iMZWan6ai3YoExHzXik3rGNN3CB2nscg3vkwJgXLweO0lDLpp0CGdrmnr7h8=

good grief Kitty, that sounds like our weather!

> It's so hot here.  October and it is 90 degrees, may be a record. So I'm
> watering again.
> I'm done digging for the season I think, unless something needs to be
> moved.
> There are still some large hosta under the maple tree that should be moved
> out so I can recondition the soil there this winter.
> I've got about 450 pots ready to overwinter.  I have yet to pot the bulb
> pans up though.  I was afraid to pot them with this heat, they might start
> shooting up.  I plan to do about 50 pots of Allium, Ipheion, Narcissi, and
> Fritillaria.
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone 5

Pam Evans