To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Definitely fall

Don't give up on your dogwood too fast. The one I've had here for years (I didn't plant it) looks like death by the end of every summer, but it comes back and blooms even every spring.

Theresa

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
What a beautiful day here! It's raining! This is the first rain we have had
since late July, and it has been hideously dry.  The past few days have
been hideously hot, as well - this is October? Today is in the 60s. The net's prediction is for a sunny day, but so far it is still raining - looks as if we have had nearly an inch. It had become so bad I didn't even like to
go down to the garden .  There was nothing I could do, and everything was
dying from the drought. I'm sure I have lost a large double-file viburnum and
at least one, maybe more, dogwood.  Their leaves have just turned brown
and fallen off.  Anyway, I am so thankful for the rain.
Auralie