Re: Definitely fall

Teetering on the edge of drought here, but at least the temperature
is returning to "seasonal". Dragging the sprinkler around the last
two days. Spinach, lettuce and radishes coming up in the garden. Very
behind weeding the flower beds. Accompanying DH on a weekend trip to
San Diego tomorrow - would rather have stayed home to garden, but he
wants the company.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Oct 10, 2007, at 10:50 AM, james singer wrote:

> Hot, dry here. Emphasis on dry. It's been a disappointing rainy
> season. No rain to speak of. So we've been dragging hoses since
> June, more or less.
>
> On Oct 10, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Judy Browning wrote:
>
>> 87F here yesreday back to the high 60s today. We threw all the
>> doors open & enjoyed the heat. Probably the last we'll see this
>> year. I've brought in most of the pots I want to winter over, but
>> one big square terracotta has me stumped. I may have to pull out
>> the individual plants & store the pot in the garage.
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges"
>> <andreah@hargray.com>

>>> humid. Can't deal with that in the house. I'm hot natured enough!