Re: gourds

My rule of thumb has always been to pick them when the stems
become woody and snap away from the main vine easily.  Mine
have always dried very easily, just sitting in a dry place - a basket
on the hall table, the hearth, or just about anywhere.  But then I
have not grown large gourds but a couple of times - usually stay
with the small ones.
Auralie

In a message dated 10/14/2007 3:23:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,