To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new friend

Well- amazing what another 24 hours can do. George slept on my part of last nigth (this is his usual behavior), even though Macy was sleeping next to my pillow too. Today there has been minimal hissing- and only when it was deserved. Calvin actually started to play a bit with Macy (although she does still freak him out when she does that running/hopping crazy kitten thing with her tail fluffed out). So, as you can see- black kitty now has a name (Macy) and is here to stay. I am relieved and hope everyone, especially me, sleeps all night tonight. I did go to the pet store and buy a kitten bed with edges on it to put on my bed where she sleep, since last night she rolled off my bed in her sleep- clunk!!

Theresa

Kitty wrote:
We all need a chance to voice our indignation about things before we settle in and accept something new. George doesn't have a List he can meow to about what those people have foisted on him. In time he'll settle down. Give him some extra hugs and reassurance so he knows he's not being replaced. He may never become best friends w the newcomer, but he can learn to coexist. My sister wasn't thrilled when I came along, but my parents weren't about to send me back so she adjusted. She figured that as long as I just laid there in a crib I wasn't much to worry about. When I started to try to walk, though, she kept pushing me down. She didn't want us to be on "equal footing." Eventually though, she accepted me.

Kitty.
neIN, Zone 5