Re: weather

I was wondering that too Auralie. I'm used to being on pins and needles from August through September and this year I don't think a hurricane was anywhere near Beaufort for once. Maybe a tropical system or too but other than that Zippo. Wish I could send some rain your way-we've had some weeks when I thought we were going to need an ark.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 9:40 PM
Subject: [CHAT] weather

Why we don't trust weather forecasters.  Earlier this past summer we
were told that this would be a massive hurricane season.  17 storms
were predicted.  At some point during the summer - around July, I think,
the prediction was reduced to 14 since at that time there were no tropical
depressions in the Atlantic.  Here we are nearing the end of the hurricane
season and where are they?  This is the time of the year when, even in
drought years, we  expect the hurricane season to bring us some
relief, but so far this year nothing.  We had nearly two inches of rain
last week - the first since late July - but that's not enough to do much
good.  I check the National Hurricane site every day, and there are no
tropical depressions in the  Atlantic, Caribbean, or Gulf of Mexico.
I need rain!