Re: weather

Yep. We're in a dead zone, also, Auralie. There was no shortage of tropical depressions this year--but for the most part if they weren't pummeling Mexico they were way out in the Atlantic on a course to attack Iceland or Scotland. Our average annual rainfall is about 42 inches with Jul-Aug-Sep supplying about half of that. This year we probably got less than 5 inches during that period of time.

I think the problem with forecasting is largely a failure to predict the El Nino-La Nina swings, since those produce quite predictable patterns over the NA continent, but it always seems a surprise when one yields to the other.