To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lilac in SC

We have a long row of the old fashioned lilac but they look terrible. We had a wetter than usual year but they look like they burned up. They always get mildew every year and it could be that the mildew was so bad the leaves curled up instead of dried up. I still love the smell. They get too much shade now too so they don't bloom as well as they used to. I pruned them very heavy a few years ago hoping to revive them. That worked pretty good for a couple of years but I think I need to do it again.
Tricia
6b
where it is cool and sunny and windy