Re: Rain and orchids

I don't think you do. Eventually it will probably produce roots from somewhere else so you can divide it. I wouldn't worry about repotting it truthfully. I've got a Phal in an 8 inch pot that is starting to behave like the one you're describing and I"m not touching the thing even though it could probably use a repot. It's a rescue from someone who was about to kill it. When I got it there was one leaf. Now the leaves are about a foot long and it's spiking again from a former spike as well as putting out a new one. It's white also. It's just gorgeous when it blooms so hey- why mess with it?

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rain and orchids

You are correct, it is white.  My question is, how do you divide a
plant that has one growing point?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Oct 24, 2007, at 6:13 PM, james singer wrote:

Cool. When you get a chance to re-pot it, try to divide it. May
take a year or two for the pieces to recover, but would sure be
worth it. What color? For some reason I'm thinking white.