Re: bulb pots

Hi, Kathy. Still think the answer is a modified cold frame with a hardware cloth bottom and hardware cloth top. If you built the frame out of PT 2X12s it wouldn't be too expensive and would last next-to-forever. You could also make it higher [deeper] by stacking one frame on top of another. If you wanted to keep rain, snow, and sleet out, you could cover it with a cheap plastic tarp, dropcloth, or old shower curtain.

Yeah. Blood meal will attract raccoons. Doubt if they eat the bulbs, but they tear the pots up looking for whatever bleeding thing you buried in them. They'll also tear them up looking for worms and grubs, I think.