Sometimes, though not so far this year, Muscari come up in the
fall, but I have never, ever, seen daffs at this time of the year.
Auralie

In a message dated 10/25/2007 4:47:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:

I have paperwhite foliage coming up now and I can see about an inch
worth of foliage from some very early-blooming daffodils. Of course,
that isn't terribly unusual in my climate. Plus I pulled off a whole
season's worth of dead weeds and stuff from a couple areas so it's kind
of like removing a big layer of mulch.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:06 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] mystery plant

In my poor devastated front bed which was excavated in the spring,
smashed by the fallen tree, and completely finished by deer, there is
a cluster of leaves coming up that look like daffodil foliage.  What on
earth could it be at this time of the year?  There were daffs planted
there once. Last spring's excavation and replanting could possibly
have replaced some of them, but they would never be coming up
now. Any ideas as to what this could be?
Auralie