Re: bulb pots

The greenhouse is still primarily for shipping and potting up. We still use the root cellar and the garage for overwintering most "stuff" as we did before we constructed a greenhouse. No cars in the garage... just stacked trays of plants in pots. Rootcellar has boxes of bulbs, tubers and rhizomes in boxes and those get potted up in February. Some things ride out the winter outside in the display areas with a remay cover stapled over them. I have found that lilium are not crazy about containers... stays too wet for them and they tend to rot over winter. So they come out and into boxes if I have any left in inventory this time of the year.
   We stay as low tec as we can around here.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cornergar@aol.com>
. Gene, How did you manage without a greenhouse for
so long? Any and all tips and suggestions gratefully accepted.