Anyone gardening this weekend?

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Anyone gardening this weekend?
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:37:12 -0700

So what's everyone got planned for the weekend?  Husband has a riding
lesson Saturday and some chores to do for our water company, but I am
hoping for some major garden clean-up time. I am going to clean up the
greenhouse and maybe move some plants in, even though the weather has
been pretty warm. Then I'm not sure - I can either head for the front
yard and keep tackling that, or I can get rid of what's left in the veg
garden. The veg garden will be more satisfying since it will be easy to
tell it's done. The front yard needs the work more.
Some things I can't do because our water is going to be rationed over
the coming week. We get deliveries from a big water agency and we also
have wells, but the agency is shutting down for a week to do maintenance
so we (and everyone else in this valley who gets water from them) is
going to be short. Ask me if I think this is a good idea in the middle
of a fire season, to be shutting off the water flow. At least we have
wells but they don't put out enough to even keep all the households
supplied if they don't conserve. Should be interesting.