It looks like weather!

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: It looks like weather!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:09:20 -0700

A breathless story in the local paper today predicted rain. "A strong
Pacific storm sweeping across the west this weekend could more than
double" our yearly rainfall.  OMG! Where's my umbrella? Where's my coat?
Better put the horses in their stalls, we don't want them soaked. What's
that? Oh...wait... "maybe a tenth of an inch of rain" and that would
indeed double our totals, since our yearly rainfall statistics start in
July and it sure don't rain in this desert during the summer.
Anyway it is pretty nice today, although a bit breezy, it's about 80F
and overcast right now. We are doing horsey things all weekend so I
don't guess I'll get much done in the yard.  But maybe I will the week
after next, I'm taking vacation time to make up for the time I didn't
get to spend in the Sierras.