Re: magazine

I confess I still get Horticultre and Garden Gate. I like GG because of the plans they do-my "customers" for lack of a better term like to look at them to get ideas. I keep them in a big binder that I haul around with me because I SUCK at design. I can look at something and tell you what would look good there and why, but putting it on paper is torture for me. I'm thinking of buying that Better Homes software that you can load a picture into and then design with it. Anyone ever used it?

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] magazine

That's mostly the way I feel about it, too. Even a magazine like Organic Gardening, which I found riveting when I first discovered it and knew nothing about organic gardening, begins to pall in a couple of years--how many articles about compost can you read before your eyes begin to glaze over, after all. For me, that's the problem; the magazines seem to get in a rut, articles about the same-old, same-old over and over. Every now and then, they have a piece about new introductions or All-American selections, but these tend to be much better covered in the specialty newsletters and journals and, even, the Thursday gardening page of the local paper.