From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] magazine
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 6:24 AM

I've been thinking the same, plus, the stuff that really interests me,
I can't do here! Does anyone on the list get Chicagoland Gardening (is
that the title?)? I thought I might try it, though its probably filled
with ads for local places I'll never get to explore or use...
Cathy
On Oct 6, 2008, at 6:23 PM, james singer wrote:

> That's mostly the way I feel about it, too. Even a magazine like
> Organic Gardening, which I found riveting when I first discovered it
> and knew nothing about organic gardening, begins to pall in a couple
> of years--how many articles about compost can you read before your
> eyes begin to glaze over, after all. For me, that's the problem; the
> magazines seem to get in a rut, articles about the same-old, same-
> old over and over. Every now and then, they have a piece about new
> introductions or All-American selections, but these tend to be much
> better covered in the specialty newsletters and journals and, even,
> the Thursday gardening page of the local paper.
>

> On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Kitty wrote:
>
>> I enjoyed Horticulture for about 20 years and Fine Gardening for
>> its first 5 or 6 years or so.  I had to cancel both as each became
>> too expensive for the benefit I got from them.  I don't really
miss
>> them; I've never really been much of a mag person anyway.
I'll

<lyoung@grindertaber.com

locale
>>> articles.  It was well done, but not enough gardening to warrant
>>> continue
>>> receiving it for us.
>>>
>>> Lynda
>>> Zone 7, West TN

Charleton
>>> Heston was
>>> among the first big people in Hollywood to support the Civil
>>> Rights movement
>>> in its early days, way before it became popular or fashionable.
>>> He did the
>>> right thing.  And like him, I believe the Second Amendment makes
>>> all the
>>> others possible.  You aren't very free w/out the means to
protect
>>> yourself,
>>> especially women.  But I don't know too many people who feel
>>> passionately
>>> about both topics.

southerners.

<kmrsy@comcast.net>