From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 4:24 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] magazine

That's mostly the way I feel about it, too. Even a magazine like
Organic Gardening, which I found riveting when I first discovered it
and knew nothing about organic gardening, begins to pall in a couple
of years--how many articles about compost can you read before your
eyes begin to glaze over, after all. For me, that's the problem; the
magazines seem to get in a rut, articles about the same-old, same-old
over and over. Every now and then, they have a piece about new
introductions or All-American selections, but these tend to be much
better covered in the specialty newsletters and journals and, even,
the Thursday gardening page of the local paper.

<lyoung@grindertaber.com

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W