do you dibble?

I ordered 100 Brodiaea/Triteleia to plant under my Lancaster Bloody Cranesbill. They're small corms and only need to go in 3 inches. I used a dibble, but it is hard to make sure the corm doesn't roll as you place it in the hole so it ends up upside down. And the dibble seems to compress the soil to the sides so I ended up filling the holes with soil mix. I realize, if upside down, the grwoing shoot will turn around and come upwards, but that expends valuable energy. Am I worrying over nothing?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5