Re: Fall colors

Spectacular here, too, Auralie. No oaks that I've seen, but maples, liquidambers, and--even--birches are glorious.

On Oct 19, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

I can't remember a year when the colors were as spectacular
as they are this year.  Colombus day is ususally considered
the peak, but they are better this weekend than last.  I just
drove out around the Croton Reservoir - these scenes are as
stunning as what we saw in Colorado last week - just
different.  I would say the dry summer had something to do
with it, but not all of the county has been as dry as my immediate
area.  There have been an unusual number of dull, cloudy days,
and not a lot of real heat during the summer, so maybe that
helped the colors along.  Even oaks, which are usually pretty
dull, are brilliant this fall. Splendid!
Auralie

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W