To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 4:18 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Groundcover juniper

Last week I visited a botanical garden where I saw a juniper that might
be what I want for my newly cleared area. I want something very low
growing that will not trap bushels of dead sycamore leaves like the last
plantings there did. I need something that can handle the shade -  this
little area is on the north side of my house plus the sycamore shades
much of it in the afternoon.
So in the fuschia garden of this place was a very low growing juniper,
less than 4 inches high, more of a juniper mat. There was no identifying
tag or anyone around we could ask.  Any thoughts on what it might be? I
have googled "prostrate juniper" but so far all the descriptions are for
ones up to 12", and that's too tall.

7:25 AM