Re: Groundcover juniper

Cyndi-junipers all prefer full sun to my knowledge, however in your dry climate they may do OK. Here, in the shade they get too wet and then usually die of some fungal disease. In the right spot they are gorgeous.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 5:56 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Groundcover juniper

That looks just like it. Hmmm, all the references say full sun. I did
see it growing in shade though at that garden. I haven't decided on
anything yet, still trying to figure out what will work. I thought
veronica liwanensis would be nice too, I have one spot that has done
well for me under the sycamore in the past. It takes more water though
and I want something xeric.  I was also thinking about native California
heucheras but I worry about being able to get rid of the leaves.
If I can't decide...I know where I can get quite a lot of authentic
desert canyon type rocks.

Cyndi