To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news

I guess the vet gave it a pass, but Seamus's 20 percent weight loss in
3-4 months seems a tad worrisome to me.

On Oct 22, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Kitty wrote:

I took a sick half day from work yesterday to take Braveheart &
Seamus to the vet.  Seamus had been limping since Friday but I
couldn't determine why. Vet said that since all seemed ok with him,
his guess was a bee sting; he gave him an injection to help speed
recovery.  Guess what! Seamus' weight is down to 18.9 from 23.5 last
Braveheart (now up to 9.5 from a previous 8.9 pounds)  is not doing
well in the walking department, seems to be getting worse.  Vet put
him back on Cosequin for arthritis and suggested I sprinkle
potassium on his food. Cleaned more wax from his gnarley ears, kept
using a camera to find more, and gave me stuff to put in daily for a
week, and then once weekly, to dissolve the last bit he couldn't
reach.  As to BH's occasional avoidance of the litterbox, he
prescribed Litter Magnet, which you mix with the litter and is
supposed to entice them to use it.  We'll see.  Smelled suspiciously
like ground catnip which BH can't seem to smell.

$123 later we're all home safe and sound.

neIN, Zone 5

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W