Re: got my loquat planted/ now need tree recommendation

What crepe myrtle are you referring to? Just curious-'Natchez' (which is white) gets 25-30 ft tall and is gorgeous with peeling cinnamon colored bark.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] got my loquat planted/ now need tree recommendation

Naw- don't really want another pear. They are Ok, but they are everywhere here. Crepe myrtles don't get very big and I want shade for the south side of my house again someday.... Thanks for helping me think about this...
Theresa

andreah wrote:
Theresa-there is another ornamental pear that is stonger than bradofrd- Calliope, or calypso, or something with a "C" It was bred after all the bradfors started splitting down the middle. Just a suggestion in case you want another. How about a crepe myrtle? Those are always great IMO.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>