Re: got my loquat planted/ now need tree recommendation

We have hot, dry weather in Oklahoma...and they do just fine.  They
just happen to be a local "favorite" around here...mostly because they
can take the extreme weather conditions.  We go from hot-dry,
cold-freezing, wet springs...and sometimes they get powdery mildew
from too much rain, but it doesn't take the leaves off or make them
look bad.  They are just very, very hardy ornamental trees.  They are
used a LOT in the Dallas, Texas area for landscaping...and it doesn't
get much hotter and drier than THAT in the summer.  The trunks never
get really BIG...so I guess that's why they are considered ornamental
type trees and used for landscaping.  And some places chop them down
really short every winter (like they do in Dallas), which keeps them
from getting really tall.  If you just let them go natural, they get
BIG...just like a red-tip fortenia (sp?).

--
Jesse R. Bell