Re: cat news

Sorry to hear Braveheart is still having trouble walking, but I'm glad to know he's gained some weight. I just had to go through allergy shots for Percy. He had a terrible allergic reaction to fleas, but he seems all right now. They've all been put on Revolution, which will send me to the poor house, but the cats are all doing very well with it. BTW, where does one get Litter Magnet? I have definite problems with several cats who would prefer to go elsewhere. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] cat news

I took a sick half day from work yesterday to take Braveheart & Seamus to the vet. Seamus had been limping since Friday but I couldn't determine why. Vet said that since all seemed ok with him, his guess was a bee sting; he gave him an injection to help speed recovery. Guess what! Seamus' weight is down to 18.9 from 23.5 last June. Braveheart (now up to 9.5 from a previous 8.9 pounds) is not doing well in the walking department, seems to be getting worse. Vet put him back on Cosequin for arthritis and suggested I sprinkle potassium on his food. Cleaned more wax from his gnarley ears, kept using a camera to find more, and gave me stuff to put in daily for a week, and then once weekly, to dissolve the last bit he couldn't reach. As to BH's occasional avoidance of the litterbox, he prescribed Litter Magnet, which you mix with the litter and is supposed to entice them to use it. We'll see. Smelled suspiciously like ground catnip which BH can't seem to smell.

$123 later we're all home safe and sound.

neIN, Zone 5