To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news- good news for a change

So here is a good cat story.  My cat George, whom I've been waiting to
just keel over for months and months.  I finally gave up on trying new
vets, new tests, new treatments, etc.  And decided to stop paying for
the worlds most expensive cat food.  So, in summer I went to the nice
little local pet store, picked up a new food (Orijen) and thought, what
the heck, I'd try it.  It has no carbs at all- none.  mostly protien and
some fruits/veggies.  Well, it's like I have my cat back. He's gained
back more that 2 pounds ( a good thing since he was looking like the
concentration camp kitty), has energy, moves better, is clearly happier,
etc.  He still has arthritis of course, but it is completely amazing the
difference that food has made.  It is still expensive, but only about
1/2 of what I was paying.  I think he must have developed some disorder
where he was unable to digest carbs- since we was eating before- but it
didn't seem to help.
Theresa

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
Sorry to hear Braveheart is still having trouble walking, but I'm glad
to know he's gained some weight.  I just had to go through allergy
shots for Percy.  He had a terrible allergic reaction to fleas, but he
seems all right now.  They've all been put on Revolution, which will
send me to the poor house, but the cats are all doing very well with
it.  BTW, where does one get Litter Magnet?  I have definite problems
with several cats who would prefer to go elsewhere.