To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news

I'm glad that there are some treatment options for you, even though I wince
at the cost, having recently started the series of vaccinations on the
kitten, and booster for Diesel, to the tune of about $170 for the first and
$40 for the second.  That's on top of the $86 for tests and such  for the
kitten when he was vomiting every hour or so and only weighed 14 ounces.

Scooter (the kitten) is now up to 4 pounds. That's a good thing. When I had
him in 3 weeks ago he only weighed 2.4, still prey-sized for the rat snake
that's in the house someplace.

I don't know if I wrote that E.T. is now part of the family. There are still
some hisses and chases, but no fights. He's behaving very well toward the
kitten, too. Who would have thought that a 20 pound fighting blur of claws
could ever be such a pussycat?