To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news

I disagree and think you're both being way to harsh and honestly, a bit
arrogant. My brother in law has severe asthma. If he is anywhere near a cat or dog his throat begins to swell and he has trouble breathing. Shots didn't
help. I'm not disputing your assertions that some people think pets are
disposable (one of my cats was dumped in a shelter at the age of 3 by his
previous owner because her new boyfriend preferred dogs.), but some people
do have life threatening allergies to pet dander.

Sue