Re: I thought

Frost possible here tonight, but I think we'll miss it tonight.
Trees are turning - dogwoods have been turning for a month,
but others are bright now.  I've found  new homes for most of
my large potted plants - we just can't handle them any longer.
I had a camellia that I grew from seed my father sent me before
he died in 1980.  He had a large collection of camellias in Alabama.
He said this might be something special - I never got to discuss it
with him, but it seems to have a drooping habit - branches curve
down and the plant is compact.  Anyway, I gave it to a friend who
has a conservatory.  I gave my large jade plant that was given to
me by a late District Director in 1988 when she moved to Calif. to
the mansion house at Lasdon Park & Arboretum.  They have taken
a couple of my large plants before.  Since that is the office of the
FGCNYS District, it seemed appropriate to give it to them.  I have
offered a large Sprengerei (sp.?) that I grew from seed a number of
years ago to a neighbor.  She hasn't picked it up yet, but that's more
nearly hardy to a light frost than other things.  I hate to see my
container plantings go, but that's what happens this time of year.
At least I found good homes for some of them.
Auralie

In a message dated 10/10/2009 8:00:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,