RE: carrots

  • Subject: RE: carrots
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:45:23 -0700

Back in the day...I believe that they used to pack them in slightly damp
sand down in the root cellar. I expect warehouses have tightly
controlled humidity and temperature so they don't wither up. I get horse
carrots in 25lb bags that stay good for quite a while in the fridge;
they are pretty big and that may help them stay good.

Cyndi