Blowin' in the wind

  • Subject: Blowin' in the wind
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:44:13 -0700

Everyone's pretty quiet, you all working on your Halloween costumes or
I haven't been doing any gardening myself. We spent Saturday scraping up
old linoleum and painting since we're retiling the laundry room/bathroom
area. Gee can't think why I don't do that more often. Sunday I went for
a short hike and then we took the horses for a ride. Gorgeous day,
absolutely gorgeous.
Today, however, is not gorgeous. The winds came up fierce last night,
must be 50mph now. Going to work I ran into a dirt cloud so thick I had
to stop the car. Total white-out (beige-out?) conditions, I was very
afraid someone would plow into me. But I crept forward until I got out
of it. If it's this bad at quitting time I'm taking another route. I can
see the sunrise from my window and it's creepy looking with the sun
trying to get through all the dirt in the air.
They say nights might get into the low 30's later this week. I really
need to find time to move my patio plants into the greenhouse.