Re: storm....
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm....
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:20:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to both of you.  We think we will be reasonably safe here in
our hilltop in northern Westchester.  We will probably be without
power for several days, but we have a small generator that gives
us water - we are on a well - refrigeration and heat, but no lights.
I have lots of candles, too.  The big trees that would threaten
the house have already fallen in the past few years. So we may
have some uncomfortable days, but we'll get through.

At least it won't be like this time a year ago when we had a heavy
snowfall before the leaves were down.  We lost so many branches
then - didn't get it all cleaned up until December.

I hope and seriously pray that everyone else in this group will
be safe.  I've missed hearing from you.

Auralie

In a message dated 10/29/2012 10:15:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cathycrc@comcast.net writes:

I second that. Haven't heard hardly anything from the group in ages....
Cathy, west central IL, z5b