Re: rose question/weather

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] rose question/weather
  • From: cathy carpenter cathyc@rnet.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:31:28 -0500

Donna, some of your color change could be due to drought stress - assuming your weather has been similar to mine (up until the Labor Day weekend). My Liriodendron (tulip tree) had yellowing of a number of its leaves r/t dryness. I deep watered it and it started to put out new leaves. Now I am coping with > 5 inches of rain, thanks to that stalled front and the caribbean weather system!
Cathy