Re: soil types and pH

>it (camilla) provides much needed color in the winter!!

Color in winter???  What a concept, Pam!  We have to rely on the red stems
of woody shrubs for our color.  That, and leaving the plumes on the
ornamental grasses - absolutely beautiful with snowflakes or frost on them
in the cold sunlight in the mornings.

As to my soil - it is wonderful!  Good Iowa black dirt loam, not too sandy
and no clay.  A bit acidic because of the 100 year old pines trees around
the house. That's where I live now.  When we eventually move about 40 miles
south I will go from a shade gardener to building house/gardens in the
middle of a six acre (corn this year) field with a small waterway running
through it on the way to a big lake at the bottom of the property.  That
soil has a lot of clay in it.  There will be a tiller in my future.  And
lots of raised beds.

I enjoyed the Bridgewood website, too, Marge.  Yet another bookmark from
this amazing group.
Iowa z4b moving to 5!