RE: RE: Plant Delights and Caropteris propagation

Co-worker and I just went in together to order from Plant Delights Nursery
to share the shipping expenses.  I can hardly wait!!!

One item the co-worker wanted was not in stock, but I have something very
similar to it in my garden (Caryopteris.)   The co-worker wanted C. 'First
Choice,' but when she saw some stems I had put in a bouquet at work, she
liked that just as well.  The order taker checked with their
horticulturalist when I asked how hard Bluebeard is to propagate.
Supposedly, I can even take cuttings while it is in bloom and root them well
enough in two weeks to have a transplant.  Have any of you tried that with a
caryopteris?  Should I try with less woody tips or can I use woody stems
(stripping off flowers and leaving only a few leaves) dipped in rooting
hormones?  Should the rooted cuttings be over wintered indoors, in a
greenhouse or outside in a sheltered nook?

Blessings,

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/