Re: Honey Bells Hosta / Guacamole

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Honey Bells Hosta / Guacamole
  • From: "Gene Bush" genebush@otherside.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:37:06 -0400

Bonnie,
    JoAn has a mature Guacamole hosta in a tub out here in the corner of the
parking area and side walk. Absolutely heavenly scent as you walk past.
Blooms are attractive as well. The hosta itself kind of grows on you... so
to speak. Various subtle shade of greens. Would go with just about anything
in the shade garden. I am strongly considering sneaking off with her hosta
for my garden... perhaps offer something in trade.
    We sit hosta in good sized pots around quite a bit. they make wonder
container plants. Quite often I will grow one on in a container until it is
mature, then transfer to my garden. They bulk up faster in a container, I
think.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com