Re: additives

>  Doesn't shipping add a great deal to the
> cost?

Well, it does add, yes.  but I only order every 2 or 3 years so that my order
is over 200 pounds so I can get a slight reduction in shipping by using
hundredweight rates.  I also try to order when he's conducting a sale or offers
a coupon (usually in the spring catalogue).  This offsets the shipping.  I
usually order in the largest sizes, like 40 pounds because 10 pounds might run
$7 while 40# runs $13.  It works out to be alright for me.  You might try
checking local co-ops for availability, purchase what you can locally and then
only mailorder what you can't get without shipping.

Kitty