Re: What is the delay?

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

What is happening to our messages. Kitty, you stated yours were not coming thru and I sent the above message on 30 Aug but rcd it dated 3 Sept.
Hi Ceres,

   Donna was partially right in saying that this was because of the big
   Internet worm that's been going around.  A mail loop over the weekend
   caused one of the hort.net disks to fill up with lots and lots of
   copies of the worm (no, we weren't infected), so when the disks ran
   out of room the lists stopped working.

   I have a backup mechanism in place to save the messages if this
   happens, so I went through each message in the backup, made sure that
   it hadn't been resent to the list, and then resent it myself.

   The end result is that some messages on the weekend of Aug. 30th
   ended up going through the list a few days late.  This happened to
   all of the hort.net lists.

   Sorry about the confusion.  I'm now writing a script to monitor the
   disk space and remove unnecessary files (as well as notify me) if
   the same situation presents itself again, so hopefully we can avoid
   the delayed emails.

Chris