From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 12:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] soil types and pH

In a message dated 9/4/03 9:30:26 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< These plants you want to grow take a LOWER pH, they like acidic soil.
They
like a pH of 4.5-6, some will even take as low as 3.  It's not hard to alter

your pH temporarily.  Keeping it that way is what can be difficult. >>

Kitty, can you guess the state my mind is in this morning.  We move my
mother
tomarrow and I have been in the depths of reducing, boxing and working to
help her adjust.  Also,I just rcd a call my oldest granddaughter was in an
accident with her new car and her first fender bender.  She is fine but the
air bags
did go off and of course her car must repaired.  Not much work to the car
body but I understand it is expensive to restore the air bags and when they
go
off it breaks the windshield which I did not know.  That may be only a
function
of her auto.  She was ticketed (her first) because she rear ended the car
ahead of her.  The light turned green but he did not go.  She is really
upset
about the ticket & her car.
    Ceres