I'm so behind on my e-mails.  Sorry folks, but it looks like I won't have
much time to get emails read or written next week at all, but I will be
thinking of all of you!  Today I took mother for chest x-rays, got to have
my grandboy in the a.m. and both mother and grandboy insisted on "helping"
me weed the patriotic garden.  (It is the thought that counts, though mother
had a bit of trouble getting up off her knees.)  I'd say I got at least 1 of
the 4 cu. Yards of mulch spread there.  Oh, it was so good to get to pull
those ugly grasses and weeds from the most prominent bed in the yard!!!  And
the rich "black gold" mulch that my neighbor brought me (he works as a
landscaper for businesses) is beautiful and very rich in composted manure.
The bed looks fabulous now!  And thanks to my generous neighbor, he loaned
us one of his work vehicles to haul the mulch around (with a tilt bed for
dumping in the right place and headlights for working late or early) we'll
have the rest of the mulch off the driveway tomorrow in "holding areas"
close to beds that need mulching yet.

Kitty, two of my Knautia Macedonica are HUGE!!! And still putting on blooms.
I can't keep up with deadheading it and it doesn't seem to care at all!  The
Russian sage from Wendy is also HUGE!  I didn't get it cut back this spring,
so it is a little floppy, but still absolutely beautiful.  I'm getting some
"starts" off candytuft, too, from seed.  I'll be digging them up and lining
them up with their parent plants to make a nice "ring" of evergreen around
the patriotic garden.  I've got some red gladiolas about 2' tall right now,
but I'm not sure I got them in the ground in time to bloom.  The only
problem I found in the patriotic garden was--grasshoppers!!!!  Mating
grasshoppers at that!!!  UGH!!!  (Lots of chewed leaves on the glads and a
few on the rose bush.)  I need an infusion of praying mantis! LOL!!!

I sure won't have any gardening time during the week!  I have to be in
Indianapolis Tuesday, work over on Wednesday no doubt, and then take mother
for more tests (heart stress test and echocardiogram and a heart sonogram
(?) before getting more blood tests on Saturday possibly.  Mother has to
have a couple more tests run after that before she has a colonoscopy on the
29th of Sept. (the day before my younger daughter's birthday.)  I'm tired
just thinking about it. ;>)

Here's hoping everyone has a WONDERFUL week!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)