Re: MG Southeast Regional Conference

I hadn't considered it from that angle, since the Georgia Master Gardener
Association is not controlled by Extension and we keep our costs very low.
Our state conferences usually run from $20 to $65.
The 3 (almost 4) day SE Regional we hosted a few years ago was only $110 and
included the Sunday evening ice cream social, two seated luncheons, two
seated dinners with speakers, hearty breakfasts for 3 days, refreshment
breaks, and the tours. The only additional charge was for the hotel, and we
held the conference in the continuing ed. center so the hotel charge was
only $65. double. I think it was on $65. triple, too.

We worked our buns off to keep costs low so that more MGs could attend. I
think it's only fair.

Daryl

>  He said this
> happens frequently (not always) when the CES loses control of the group.
> Cliques form and social circles may dictate  how things are done.
> Consequently, those of us without much money get left out in the cold.
> We're ok for the grunt work, of course we're welcome on the cruise though
we
> can't afford it, but you just get this bad taste in your
mouth.......tastes