Re: colchicum.

Pam,
I'm guessing depth.  Since I've gardened nowhere but here in neIN, I'm not good
at answering qstns about other climates.  However, when you receive colchicum
in August, they have everything they need for their first fall bloom.  Even if
you don't plant them, they will bloom just sitting there on a windowsill.  I
know you're a tad impatient, don't blame you, but just wait awhile.  You could
see them any day now or maybe not until October.  Fforget about them for now
and let yourself be surprised.

Kitty