Re: common mistakes?

LOL Kitty...well, she may know something about something, but it's
obvious the poor dear has never met a Clematis - they look nothing
like bindweed!

FWIW, my SA seeds around like mad.  Generally don't notice them until
they start to climb something, by which time, they've gotten a good
foothold on life (sometimes in the middle of something else) and they
can be very interesting to remove.

BTW, think you guys handled that with great diplomacy, but someone
has to tell this lady what bindweed is:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
>
> We had our final MG plant sale today.  7 of us work in a section of
the
> garden referred to as Propagation; I prefer to think of it as
Nursery,
> because most of the plants are purchased tiny and grown on.  In
order to
> expand our offerings we also bring items of our own that could be
considered
> special and only if we can supply 10+ of them.  We tag these plants
as MG
> Special Selections and get nicer prices for them than mosy other
plants in
> the sale.
>
> I had mentioned that some people had been asking for Clematis.  One
of our
> team said she had loads of Sweet Autumn starts.  We all agreed it
is not
> particularly "special", but perhaps we could move them because
vines are
> rarely if ever offered.  This woman is a 12 yr MG, very
knowledgable.  I