RE: Question about overwintering annuals

Elephant ears:

I dig mine up, cut off the foliage other than a small stem, let them dry
out on the cement blocks in the sun. I then store the -- yipes, what is
the proper word, bulb?, in my basement for the winter. It is heated, but

My taros are left in the pot in a saucer of water that is kept full.
They get a bit shabby by spring, but come right back as soon as I put
them in the pond.

Found that not pulling out, cleaning up my seed geraniums (annual here),
they do seed around and come back in the spring. They get a later start,
but can't tell the difference by the end of June. Same thing happens
with my Salvias if they are near a gravel area. I have them blooming in
my walkway now, since I never got a chance to move them.

Gerbera Daisies, can't you save the seeds and start next spring?

Donna, zone 5, IL
If this has already been stated, sorry, my e-box is a mess.....