Plants come back to life...

Hi all-

Been crazy busy lately, but have enjoyed all your posts.  It is finally
getting cooler here (I'm really hoping the last weekend was Indian Summer
and now we are done with 100 degree days).  Tomatoes are still growing, corn
is gone, but cukes and melons are still coming along, also peppers.  I've
had a ton of ladybugs that have complete their life cycle recently.  They
really loves the asparagus plants (you know how they get late in summer with
all that ferny-like folliage)- so I've got a bumper crop of lady bugs now.
I bought lady bugs this spring and last spring, but now I think they will be
self-sustaining.
Also, I've had a few plants come back to visit-

I've had several spontaneous Sacred Basil plants start growing (this was
something I had in 2002- and haven't seen since).  Must have been some seeds
that were dormant for a while.  Also, my callicarpa seems to have been
reincarnated!  Yeah!  I got it in Fall 2002- but it didn't come back this
Spring.  I never bothered ripping it out, and now I'm glad I didn't because
it is definitely returning!

Also blooming now are my Limerock Ruby and moonbeam coreopsis, a bunch of
different Salvias (the color of the Black & Blue is marvelous!), a few
roses, ginger, sweet alysum, heliotrope, platycodon, fuschia, stephanotis,
plumeria, lantana, veronica, rudbekia, coneflowers, buddleia, some kind of
heather stuff, my pyracantha has lots of berries turning yellow this year,
and I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of them right now...

Hope all are enjoying the fall weather...

Theresa
Sac, CA
zone 8-9