Re: Isabel

In a message dated 9/19/03 2:25:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
garrideb@well.com writes:

> One day of
> very strong winds and rain, 18 hours of power outage.

We lucked out too, in that we didn't have one of the huge trees around here
hit our house. Others weren't so lucky. I could'nt sleep and watched the tall
crowns sway back and forth, amazing that they didn't snap. We had no power for
about 24 hours. It just come on about an hour ago. We danced around like
little kids shouting power, power........
My daughter who lives near Old Town Alexandria, where there was severe
flooding had water in her little Saturn up to the glove compartment.
All in all "Isabel" wasn't exactly kind, but also not too harsh with us.
Godi zone 7a
Mt. Vernon VA