RE: Question about overwintering annuals

Maddy, I do not have that exact salvia, but if you have a gravel area,
throw some seeds in it. In the spring transplant the babies to where
ever you want them... Nature did it the first year, and now I have been
doing it for the last three... and I am in zone 5.

I am not suggesting destroying the mother plant, but might want to do
this just in case :)

Donna